IPMA Certification is an internationally recognized certification of individuals, carried out according to EN ISO 17024 in near 70 countries. You can read more about different domains and levels, and what is assessed on each of them.
IPMA Certification is
IPMA certification of project, program and portfolio managers, is a formal procedure, developed by IPMA – internationally recognized – following EN ISO 17024 for certification of individuals. Norsk Sertifisering AS (CB) is an authorized third party which has theresponsibility for IPMA certification in Norway.
During the certification it is assessed and verified if an individual has competences meeting IPMAs requirements to a professional project, program or portfolio manager on the specific level.
The certification is performed in English or Norwegian. A certificate is valid for 5 years.
Project, program and portfolio
- A project is a unique, temporary, multi-disciplinary and organised endeavour to realise agreed deliverables within predefined requirements and constraints. Project management typically involves personnel from project management associates up to senior project managers.
- A programme is set up to achieve a strategic goal. A programme is a temporary organisation of interrelated programme components managed in a coordinated way to enable the implementation of change and the realisation of benefits. Programme management typically involves senior project managers or project directors.
- A portfolio is a set of projects and/or programmes, which are not necessarily related, brought together to provide optimum use of the organisation’s resources and to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals while minimising portfolio risk. Important issues on a portfolio level are reported to the senior management of the organisation by the portfolio manager, together with options to resolve the issues
Domains and levels
The IPMA level definitions are constructed against the following core criteria:
- Level A is constructed in terms of the leadership of others in very complex projects (programmes or portfolios) throughout the life cycle (where applicable) at a strategic level.
- Level B is constructed in terms of the leadership of others in projects (programmes or portfolios) and includes complexity throughout the life cycle (where applicable).
- Level C is constructed in terms of the management of others in projects of moderate complexity throughout the life cycle through the application of knowledge/theory across all relevant competences.
- Level D is constructed in terms of knowledge across all relevant competences
|A||Certified Project Director||Certified Programme Director||Certified Portfolio Director|
|B||Certified Senior Project Manager||Certified Senior Programme Manager||Certified Senior Portfolio Manager|
|C||Certified Project Manager
|D||Certified Project Management Associate|